Pancrasweek, St Pancras

Pick here for a map

St Pancras Church in Pancrasweek (Pancraswyke) sits atop a hill not far from the river Tamar and visible as one approaches from the Bude direction. Pancrasweek is a rural community of about 70 dwellings, mainly farms, a village hall, but no village and it is one of the largest parishes in Devon.

The building dates from around the twelfth century in parts, with later additions. It has a carved double roof in the wagon style, a Jacobean pulpit and a 12th century font.  The tower has a peal of five bells. The church was re-roofed in the 1900’s but is in need of re-roofing in the next twelve months.

To contact a churchwarden at this church please use the following email address

 


The Parishes
Webpage icon Bridgerule, St Bridget
Webpage icon Hollacombe, St Petroc
Webpage icon Holsworthy, St. Peter & St. Paul
Webpage icon Pyworthy, St Swithun